Wickham Lawyers

Student Visa

Student Visa- Subclass 500

A Student visa allows international students to undertake full-time eligible course in Australia. The student can choose to enrol in Higher Education, Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS), admission in primary or secondary school and post graduate research degrees in a recognised education institution. It enables the international students to stay in Australia for the duration of their course.

You must:
  • enrol in the relevant course;
  • genuinely intend to study in Australia;
  • have the required level of English language proficiencyunless exempt;
  • intend to stay temporarily in Australia;
  • have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for your intended stay period in Australia; and
  • have access to sufficient funds to cover your return airfares, tuition fees and the cost of living in Australia.

You can apply a Student visa application in Australia or outside Australia. The applicant and their family unit may make a combined Student visa application, or the family member/s can make a subsequent Student visa application to join the Student visa holder in Australia.

Get in touch with Wickham Lawyers today!



Click one of our contacts below to chat on WhatsApp