Unfortunately, instances of domestic and family violence are increasing across Australia. Domestic and family violence comes in a variety of forms and can affect you, your children, your pet/s, other family members and property. Further, it does not discriminate when it comes to age, race, religion, or gender. Nor does it discriminate if you are in a hetreosexual, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) relationship.
If you are in immediate danger, secure yourself and any additional family member in a safe place and contact your local Police on triple zero (000).
If you have experienced domestic and family violence, our experienced lawyers can help you and your family feel safe. Depending upon what Australian State or Territory you live in, there are different types of Family and Domestic Violence Orders that you can apply for, such as:
- Australian Capital Territory: Domestic Violence Order (DVO);
- New South Wales: Apprehended Domestic Violence Order (ADVO);
- Northern Territory: Domestic Violence Order (DVO);
- Queensland: Domestic Violence Order can also be known as Protection Order or Restraining Order;
- South Australia: Intervention Order;
- Tasmania: Family Violence Orders (FVO) and Police Family Violence Orders (PFVO);
- Victoria: Safety Order or Intervention Order;
- Western Australia: Family Violence Restraining Order (FVRO).
You don’t have to suffer in silence anymore and you don’t have to face legal proceedings on your own. Our lawyers can assist you with:
- Filing or responding to a Court Order;
- If appropriate, negotiations between parties mentioned in a Court Order;
- Legal representation in Court; and
- An urgent application for a Court Order.
During your initial consultation, we will assess your matter and advise you on how best to proceed.