Wickham Lawyers is seeking an enthusiastic, mature, motivated and responsible Paralegal, preferably for an immediate start, to assist their team in full-time position at our head office in Spring Hill (Brisbane CBD).
If you are proactive, think outside the square and have the ability to make things happen then we encourage you to apply. You must be punctual, honest and responsible, take pride in your work. You will have confidence in being a contact point for clients of our firm and also have a desire to acquire paralegal skills under the supervision of the firm's lawyers.
You will be involved in document review, general discovery, preparing briefs to counsel, completing legal research tasks and providing general support to the team as required.
Whilst not a prerequisite, it would be great if you have the ability to vlog and are happy to vlog to assist our team with vlogging.
Ideally, you will have some experience working in a law firm, however, we will consider all applicants.
The successful applicant must:
- Be available to work between the hours of 08:30am – 05:00pm;
- Must be well-presented and tidy;
- Must be hardworking and loyal;
- Should think outside of the box;
- Should have an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Have a very high level of attention to detail;
- Have strong organisational and time management skills;
- Can meet deadlines and work well in a team;
- Be highly computer literate with advanced skills in word;
- Be prompt, reliable and not a clock watcher and have a willingness to excel;
- Have a commitment to excellence in everything that you do;
- Can manage competing priorities in a high volume, high pressure environment;
- Can work independently with minimum supervision; and
- Have an eagerness to learn.
This is an opportunity to practice in a friendly and collegiate environment with experienced practitioners who will provide on-going professional development and mentoring. You should have a real desire for personal development.
Demonstrated experience will be an advantage but the key will be a self-motivated preparedness to learn and become fully involved in our day to day practice.
Salary dependent upon experience and suitability.
Candidates must have the right to work in Australia.
Please note that only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short-listing process. You may have more experience, we would still like to hear from you.
If you are interested in this position, please send through a detailed cover letter and resume.