Surfers Paradise Office
We are a boutique full-service law firm with offices in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.
We are opening an office on the Gold Coast and as such we are currently looking for a Legal Graduate or Junior Lawyer (up to 4 years PAE) to join Wickham Lawyers.
As this is a new office, we are seeking energetic, friendly and confident individual to help promote our new office in and around the Gold Coast region.
Whilst not a prerequisite, it would be great if you have the ability to vlog and are happy to vlog and it would be preferable if you had previously been a duty lawyer or are prepared to undergo duty lawyer training.
Ideally, you will have some criminal law, family law and/or migration law experience, however, we will consider all applicants.
You should have completed your law degree and have been admitted or be close to admission, however candidates with more experience are also strongly encouraged to apply.
We provide strategic legal advice across areas including migration, administrative, family, criminal, property, conveyancing, employment, business and commercial law.
You must be commercially minded and a person who upholds the core values of our firm.
The successful applicant must:
- Be available to work between the hours of 08:30am – 05:00pm;
- Must be well-presented and tidy;
- Must have completed their PLT and be ready for admission;
- Must be hardworking and loyal;
- Should think outside of the box;
- Should have an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Have a very high level of attention to detail;
- Have strong organisational and time management skills;
- Can meet deadlines and work well in a team;
- Be highly computer literate with advanced skills in word;
- Be prompt, reliable and not a clock watcher and have a willingness to excel;
- Have a commitment to excellence in everything that you do;
- Can manage competing priorities in a high volume, high pressure environment;
- Can work independently with minimum supervision; and
- Have an eagerness to learn.
This is an opportunity to practice in a friendly and collegiate environment with experienced practitioners who will provide on-going professional development and mentoring. You should have a real desire for personal development.
Demonstrated experience will be an advantage but the key will be a self-motivated preparedness to learn and become fully involved in our day to day practice.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of this well-regarded boutique law firm and build your client base and portfolio.
Please note that only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short-listing process. You may have more experience, we would still like to hear from you.
If you are interested in this position, please send through a detailed cover letter and resume.